I help talented people at times of transition develop and sustain long‐term excellence. You might have been promoted, have returned from maternity or paternity leave, be thinking of moving careers, or all of the above (lucky you…)
Here’s how we can work together:
In a one‐to‐one coaching programme
I offer one-to-one coaching for individuals or corporates who are looking for a coach for individual members of staff.
A typical programme begins with self‐observation (looking at where you are now), moving on to self reflection, followed by targeted practices designed to build the”muscle memory” that you need for development.
The Integral Development Coaching™ methodology I use combines empathy, pragmatism and insight with targeted practices and self‐reflection to build continuing and self generating competence at a deep level. You’ll learn how to foster long‐term excellence and develop your ability to self‐correct.
If you are looking for coaching for you, click here to answer a few short questions about your needs, and I’ll be in touch to book in a free consultation.
After our initial consultation, if we agree to go ahead I’ll work with you to devise a bespoke programme, typically 5‐10 sessions of 2 hours. (Shorter programmes of 1‐4 sessions may be more appropriate to deal with a discrete issue.)
For longer programmes, we‘ll have a short initial meeting or call to determine if I am the right coach for you.
“Susan’s coaching is the perfect balance between personal and professional.
I came away after each session feeling inspired, comforted and brave.
If you are lucky enough to find Susan you won’t look any further!”
Sarah Toner, Founder, The Sarah Toner School of Ballet
Group coaching for teams and organizations
I work with organisations in three ways:
- One-to-one with individuals (see above).
- In groups using Coaching Circles™ methodology.
- As an Embedded Coach within the organisation, spending one day within the office within which I offer bookable slots to your team on an ad-hoc basis.
Coaching Circles™ is an extremely effective method of facilitated group peer coaching, which supports leaders to tackle the challenges they face creatively whilst practicing the coaching skills they need on the job.
The blend of action learning and integral coaching can quickly expand the reach of coaching within an organisation, and accelerate the benefits of an in‐house leadership or management development program.
How it works
A group of 4‐8 – they might be from the same team or from different parts of an organisation – meet every 4‐6 weeks, for a session I’ll facilitate.
- Each person comes prepared with a project: a real‐life business or personal challenge.
- They then receive 45 minutes of coaching. During this time the team member presents the topic, followed by a period of collaborative inquiry, designed to help explore the issues.
- All participants then reflect individually on their personal learning.
- The Circle concludes with the team giving their insights. The coached team member shares the shifts in their approach and commits to the action they will take.
For the participants
- greater clarity around their issue, concrete strategies for dealing with it and a firm commitment to action
- new competencies in active listening, questioning without jumping to solutions and giving and receiving feedback
- an understanding of their default drive, how to think and act outside of their comfort zone and respond creatively
- greater appreciation and understanding of and deeper respect for their peers and their organisation
For the organisation
- a cost effective way of bringing coaching to a much wider group
- participants bring new competencies to their day to day work
- creation of lasting networks of people who support each other in their leadership practices over time. This often endures well beyond the programme that brought them together.
- stronger teams who allow members to be seen as they really are: greater understanding, empathy and an improved ability to maximise the unique strengths of each individual
Just complete the form here, and I’ll be in touch to discuss your team’s needs.
“Susan is a great coach. Her style is inclusive, considered and provocative.
She has been very successful about getting members of my team to see issues in quite
different ways, and to see new paths that will no doubt lead to better things.
Her thoughtful approach has been really refreshing.”
Clare Donald, Senior Media Professional
As an embedded coach, I spend a half day or day at your office, with bookable slots of 45-50 minutes for staff to air and be coached on smaller issues, such as how to approach a difficult conversation. Sometimes only a small shift in narrative or perspective – or being heard and seen – is required. Sometimes a quick run through Robert Kegan’s Immunity to Change process may be enough. This is a cost effective way of supporting staff on a regular basis, as I charge on a day rate rather than a sessional basis.
To find out more about working with me as an embedded coach, just complete the form here, and I’ll be in touch to find out more about your needs.